Saturday, June 9, 2007

Virgin

There is something very special about the first time you do something…Remember your first kiss? The first time you fell in love, your first salary cheque, the first day in school… wait a second I remember nothing about that day!
First timers are truly special. Try remembering the second or the third time you did it, and you’ll never be able to remember the incident like the first time it ever happened to you.
My trip to Munsiyari was a big package of 1st timers. I caught myself using the phrase ‘That’s the first time I’m doing this’, a million of times. This road trip was the first time I took a trip with just 1 person. I was quite nervous about the whole thing. knowing my temperament some of my friends even advised me to not pick a fight with my trip buddy as I will be left with no one to speak to! Thankfully the trip was minus any fights…Ok! Ok! There were some arguments but I rather call them ‘Creative Disagreement’.
It’s not a secret that im a foodie, and I expected food to be, if not great then at least edible. To my surprise most of the places on the way looked like breeding ground for many diseases and believe me im not even that picky! I ate almost nothing in the 6 day long trip, which lead to the weight loss that happened in jus 6 days! A crash diet I never want to be on again! We drank straight from the millions of waterfalls which according to me was the coolest- as no filtration was required!
I saw millions of species’ of birds and bees! (Pun intended!) My favourite, being the drongo. That bird had something about it, looked really evil to me and to top it all she had a tail which resembled the tail of an arrow!(Check it out in the pic). One of the highlights of the trip was when we went skinny dippy in hot sulphur springs. It was undoubtedly the most amazing thing that I had ever done and it calls for a separate article about the experience!

Not only was this the first time I ever went on a trek but also the very first time when I camped overnight out in the mountains, left to the mercies of the nature gods! Read near death experience for the lowdown.
This was the very first time I went without alcohol for an entire vacation. We did carry a bottle of breezer but it found itself back to Delhi without being touched! No alcohol could give me the high I got from the sights I saw and the sounds I heard!

There are just so many things that I loved about the trip and the amazing feeling doesn’t seem to fade away…im guessing it’s the magic of the 1st timer!

6 comments:

Gaurav Alagh said...

I reallly like the title u gave to this article..

pseudosaint said...

DRONGO - as u said looks eil, but is a magnificent creature of got...it is one of the only creatures in the world which can maneuver as quickly as the drongo can...and hence the specially designed tail..it truly is an amazing creation...

PS: the best part is when u observe it in a dogfight with a highly evasive fly...but no matter how fast or agile any fly is...the Drongo always wins!!!

constant traveller said...

@pseudosaint
Dint know so much about that bird!!!! wow kool!

Anonymous said...

pictures...more pictures..

humko skinny dippin wali bhi pictures mangta...

pseudosaint said...

yeh actually the skinny dipping pictures would look great with the drongo!!!!

constant traveller said...

krits and pseudosaint
unfortunately it was raining wen i went skinny dipping so no pics!!! apologies!